1) Awake at five A.M. is not punishment - nearly the whole world has gone silent for my express enjoyment of cool air and rising sun.
2) My cells were spawned from stardust; from the glitter of nothing I am now the apex of creation, controlling the universe.
3) There are light-years and galaxies inside of everyone (if only we are patient enough to see inside each others realities).
4) The moon’s glow stretches across every sky to graze your sweet cheeks with her light; through her gaze we are all connected.
5) As the the hot breeze is to the desert, as long sips are to port, as spicy peppers burn:
Hyperboles, pseudo-realities, and part-time beliefs
"Sit down before fact like a little child, and be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss Nature leads or you shall learn nothing."
In photos, you are a blur:
shutter too slow to capture
a quick mouth
(words that fall)
(stay a while)
the gait of a run
(fight, fight, flee).
Everything you left here stays:
post-it notes glued to doors and
(your clumsy drawings)
cemented to walls;
(tall, thin, careful letters)
clothespins saved for later
(letters of words of letters)
hanging like vice grips from
If light and flesh were as
easily preserved as paper,
I’d have scrapbooks and boxes
full of old homes.